Matunkha invites you or your group for a memorable working holiday in Malawi. We prepare you to work at Matunkha and have a great holiday. You should come for at least 3 weeks.
What can you do?
The activities to do will be discussed and decided upon with the whole group. During the morning there will be an activity with the Matunkha workers such as:
• Construction of a house or a guesthouse
• Maintenance on existing buildings and classrooms
During the afternoon there will be an activity with the people from the area such as:
• Kids Club
• Youth sports and games
• Creative activities or Bible studies for youth or adults
Matunkha Center has a wide experience in coaching of volunteers and interns from various countries. The coaching starts in the Netherlands and continues during your stay in Malawi, where a Dutch family, who lives and works at Matunkha, will be there for you.
You work together with the local peopla and by doing so you will learn from each other.
It is possible to participate in one or more of the following activities:
– basic health
– education & sport
– catering, tourism
– administration & finance
– ICT (o.a. internal network)
– vehicle, motorbike & bicycle maintenance
– animal care and health
– general activities, maintenance of buildings
Matunkha also provides internships in specific areas. In close consultation with your Malawian and local teachers, it is possible to create an appropriate thesis or research.
Who can go?
– Age from 17 years of age.
– Good command of the English language.
– Respect and acceptance of the norms and values of Malawi & Matunkha
– Preferably with at least 2 people